Recognising the short timeframe and to accommodate initiatives in distinct levels of improvement, projects should not be scheduled to start just before 1 July 2022.
Scope and function
The Qatar Gulf Method Fund Programme supports implementation of FCDO priorities for Qatar determined in the Center East and North Africa Directorate (MENAD) method. It supports Qatar’s ambitious ‘National Eyesight 2030’ agenda for modernisation, economic diversification and local climate motion, though boosting mutual prosperity by marketing inward investment and creating chances for United kingdom firms, particularly in the training, climate, lifestyle, tourism, activity and finance sectors.
This get in touch with for proposals runs in parallel with the Qatar Place Enterprise Plan advancement approach, and projects will be envisioned to align with strategic route.
GSF funding is not supposed to assistance isolated functions, these kinds of as a solitary stop by or trade mission. Assignments must would make a crystal clear contribution to strategic targets and have a obvious end result, these as unlocking wider development and relocating the United kingdom-Qatar partnership forward in a substantive way. All tasks will have to exhibit worth for cash. FCDO defines ‘value-for-money’ as, ‘making the greatest feasible use of our all resources to maximise our impact’. In programme perform, maximising impact consists of obtaining a sturdy, evidence-based concept of adjust demonstrating the causal pathway among the intervention and results that guidance FCDO strategic priorities.
Proposals could construct on the get the job done of present GSF tasks in the sectors of local weather and biodiversity, schooling, wellness, lifestyle, sport, tourism, finance, justice and safety, but we also invite concepts in other thematic regions.
We also attract your awareness to the MENAD Gender Charter pledge introduced in September 2021, which calls on Posts to carry out precise and specific work on gender equality and inclusion, and to ensure gender equality and inclusion is mainstreamed in any programme structure and supply.
Bed recognises the troubles of operating in a promptly modifying surroundings, reliant on the schedules and priorities of external actors. This specially impacts the scheduling of functions and gets hard when planning a multi-12 months programme. We therefore embrace versatile and adaptive ways as a important part of project effectiveness and worth for revenue.
Funding amount and multi-calendar year funding
FCDO is nevertheless to affirm allocations of GSF funding for particular person nations above this period of time, but we are functioning to an indicative budget of £1 million for each calendar year for a few yrs. To boost effectiveness our preference is for bigger initiatives in the assortment of £20,000 – £250,000 per 12 months. Lesser projects can be regarded, but we recommend consolidating them with other function in a identical thematic location.
FCDO has made a motivation to GSF for the a few-year time period 2022-2025, in line with the FCDO funding settlement. This allows us to assume strategically and strategy multi-12 months projects that can have a considerably increased affect. We therefore inspire ideas that show a very long-time period, strategic vision and envisage phased implementation and measurable impression.
Even so, we foresee that there will be no facility to carry money forward from just one financial year to the subsequent. Though we will dedicate to multi-12 months projects, funding commitments will be produced on a calendar year-by-yr foundation, with spending plan for subsequent yrs thought of indicative. Funding commitment for subsequent several years will be created on submission of a clean ABB for each and every subsequent yr of implementation. This approach gives an possibility for Associates to evaluation and adjust their tasks and the timing of things to do and reaction to changing instances.
In awarding and overseeing programme money Mattress is obliged to comply with all Cupboard Office environment and FCDO regulations and steering, like but not restricted to those people established out in the FCDO Programme Functioning Framework (PrOF). Associates ought to in particular choose notice of the next necessities:
- all venture proposals need to have a single direct implementer, which holds complete accountability for the entire venture spending plan. A lead Implementer might in some instances sub-contract challenge activity to a third bash
- FCDO can only pay for fees that are incurred immediately after signature and involving the start out and end date said in a funding arrangement or deal. Challenge start off-dates will have to write-up-day signature on the relevant MoU, Grant Arrangement (GA) or Deal, and no charges may possibly be incurred by jobs prior to signing by each parties
- no payment can be created in advance of need. Bed will not look at any ask for from an implementing husband or wife for progress payments
- all new programmes and the tasks should align with the Paris Settlement and evaluate climate and environmental affect and risks, having methods to make certain that no environmental harm is carried out
- all programmes should take into consideration and show how their interventions will impression gender equality, disability inclusion and those with guarded properties
- all jobs involving paid-for communications exercise ought to acquire clearance from the Experienced Communications Assurance (PCA) group prior to signing a GA / MoU / Deal
- all authorized initiatives will be predicted to comply with FCDO mandated reporting specifications working with templates delivered, together with: (i) Month-to-month ABB forecasts (ii) Quarterly Checking Reports and (iii) Undertaking closure report
- all jobs things to do have to be done in the financial 12 months for which the funding is approved. Initiatives need to program to complete routines by February or really-early March to allow for money processing to be concluded before the conclude of each individual fiscal yr
Proposals will be appraised in accordance to the appraisal conditions under, and submitted to the Qatar State Programme Board for thought. Mattress will expedite the approval system to the extent doable, but cannot approve projects right up until formal funding allocation is confirmed by FCDO.
Authorised projects will then get started the mobilisation approach just before starting implementation, such as:
- securing any needed approvals (e.g. PCA)
- owing diligence assessments if expected
- planning and signing of GA / MoU
- aggressive bid approach (if expected) to decide on commercial companies
|Strategic fit||Alignment with relevant MENA Business enterprise System and Qatar State Organization Prepare goals||25%|
|Value for Money||FCDO defines ‘value-for-money’ as, ‘making the ideal achievable use of our all sources to maximise our impact’. In programme work, maximising affect contains acquiring a strong, proof-based idea of improve demonstrating the causal pathway among the intervention and results that guidance FCDO strategic priorities.||25%|
|Feasibility||Are project objectives practical in the timeframe? Are stakeholders (Especially inside of Qatar Government) supportive?||15%|
|Danger||Is the chance assessment detailed and realistic? Are mitigation actions practical? Are any risks (reputational, money) to FCDO and Uk Governing administration in just an satisfactory variety?||15%|
|Consideration of cross-slicing concerns||Are cross-reducing troubles, especially gender, weather and disability inclusion, dealt with adequately? Proactively?||10%|
|Functionality of the employing organisation||Does the organisation have a tested history of general performance offering in this context or comparable contexts?||10%|
How to submit proposals
The Venture Proposal kind template is similar to very last year’s GSF template except the funds and output / routines sections have been adapted for multi-12 months initiatives.
The Exercise Centered Spending budget template has been tailored to accommodate tasks for up to 3 yrs period. For the very first year, associates require to calculate spending budget on a month-to-month basis. Subsequent years are budgeted on a quarterly foundation in the beginning, and will be refined and re-authorized in progress of each economical year.
Submit the relevant FCDO contract, Grant Agreement (GA) or Memorandum of Being familiar with (MoU) template for your organisation’s interior critique processes (ask for the suitable template from the Embassy if you really don’t have a copy). British Embassy Doha will not enter into negotiation on these outside of the constrained locations that we are authorised to approve at Post. If you do not have a duplicate of these templates, be sure to get in contact as over to request one.
For any queries or clarification, get in touch with: