Data is a critical part of our daily work and help shape the vision of making Zalando the Starting Point of Fashion. As an Analyst (w/m/d), you will drive the planning and production of key metrics. You will align with stakeholders to help build the right metrics to enable action oriented discussions and trigger decision making.
Working closely with teams across Zalando and the leadership team, you will be responsible for ensuring that data is both dependable and correct. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team both in the maintenance of existing and in the creation of new reporting products that create value for our business. You will have touch points throughout the product development life cycle, from early data explorations to optimization of existing critical business metrics. Your analytical understanding helps you to see clearly how our metrics develop in step with our growth strategy and how these can be improved.
Please note that this is 6 months fixed term contract.
INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
At Zalando, our vision is to be the starting point for fashion – one that is inclusive by design. We only assess candidates based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We welcome applications from people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, personal expressions, racial identities, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and disability statuses. We only want to know why youâ€™re great for this role, so please avoid including your picture, age, and marital status in your CV as well.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Please feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support and assist you throughout the hiring process.
do.BETTER – our diversity & inclusion strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion
Our employee resource groups: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion/our-employee-resource-groups
WHY YOU SHOULD BE INTERESTED
- Develop the right metrics and providing data to support decision-making
- Work closely with our engineers to support the solution design and validate the outcome
- Problem-solve with the functions and engineers to develop the metrics and ensure data accuracy
- Conduct small data generation efforts where automation not yet in place
- Handle small/medium data / feature requests by yourself and coordinating their implementation
- Help resolve data issues and find the root cause of problems
- Understand our growth strategy and identify opportunities to further improve metrics
WE’D LOVE TO MEET YOU IF
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or another similar quantitative field (M.Sc.)
- 4+ years of experience in a data-intensive analytics role such as in Digital Analytics, Product Analytics or Business Intelligence
- Strong knowledge of business metrics/KPIs (preferably in e-commerce) and how they can be defined
- Proficient in data querying and transformation (SQL), Tableau
- Hands-on experience with reporting tools (preferably MicroStrategy)
- Efficient project management skills and successfully balancing diverse stakeholder groups combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills with a detail-oriented and self-starter mindset
- We offer peer-to-peer performance reviews twice a year
- Learn and develop through our extensive Zalando training platform
- Join regular all-hands, team meetings, Q&A-sessions, and quarterly anonymous employee surveys to ask your questions and provide your feedback
- Support from an international team of experts; mentoring and professional development opportunities
- 2 days paid leave per year for volunteering
- Minimum of 27 holiday days per calendar year
- Online sports courses, wellbeing, and nutrition advice offered by Humanoo personal wellbeing coach app
- Mental wellbeing support by our Employee Assistance Program and professional consultants to help you find health resources
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation assistance for internationals
- Home office equipment available for hybrid working, to support you working from home
- Hybrid working model with 60% remote per week
- Opportunity to work from abroad for 30 (working) days per calendar year
- Access to the employee shares program
- 40% shopping discount on products shipped and sold by Zalando, and 30% discount on Zalando Lounge
- Discounts from a wide range of external partners
- Employee parentsâ€™ forums and employee resource group
- Supported transition into and out of parental leave, with a buddy and re-onboarding plan
- 3 fully-paid child sick days per year
- Free counselling, assistance, and referral service for all matters concerning yourself and your family via the FÃ¼rstenberg Institute
Itâ€™s the perfect time to join Zalando on our journey, from being a pioneer in the world of e-commerce, to the starting point for fashion in Europe. We connect customers, brands, and partners across 23 markets.
Help us drive digital and sustainable solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 46 million active customers through a team of diverse skill-sets, cultural backgrounds, and interests.
Our values: https://jobs.zalando.com/en/our-founding-mindset
do.More – our sustainability strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/sustainability
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/insidezalando
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form – we do not accept applications via email.