We’ve realized the best Senior Lead, Business Partners are real “do-ers”. You’ll need to cultivate context and powerful relationships within the employee groups you support as a Senior Lead, Business Partner and the wider Shopify. Through relationship building, strong business acumen and the ability to balance the two, you will truly partner with the business. You’ll be using your creativity and flexibility to provide innovative solutions in the areas of performance consulting, employee relations and talent management in a fully remote role with our 100% remote employee base. Your natural ability to dig deeply into a topic and work collaboratively towards a goal will also allow you to influence the team’s success.
*Note: We are looking for Senior Lead, Business Partner to support various areas of the business including but not limited to: Finance, and Ecosystem*
- Ownend to end Talent strategy and BP performance for group
- Collaborate with a team of HR Business Partners around the globe
- Execute your vision while being a strategic partner to the business
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and the business to create and execute a growth and recruitment strategy to meet our objectives
- Build a strategy to retain and develop high impact people through Talent Management practices
- Use sound judgement, people and business acumen, and practical experience to support the development and implementation of initiatives such as organizational design and change, talent assessment and gap identification, and communication and change management strategies
- Establish annual goals and priorities by leading the analysis and diagnosis of client needs, influence the direction for new or revised Talent programs, services, work flows, operational plans and standards based on the departments or functions longer term strategies.
- Play a leadership role to recognize barriers to success and drive proactive solutions that support building a high performance environment with a focus on coaching and mentoring leaders on talent reviews, performance consulting, succession and building a talent pipeline for high impact people to be successful.
- Align business strategies with the Talent Team’s strategic objectives to add value to the clients you partner with.
- Recommend creative solutions to complex situations that you might not have encountered before – even if they go against the grain.
- Build high trust and impactful relationships with employees and leaders at all levels.
- Support the build and delivery of cross functional Talent initiatives and programs by maintaining strong and collaborative relationships with all groups across our Talent team.
- Proven ability to lead and develop growing teams, including creating and driving strategic priorities
- Strong leadership skills (I.e growing, managing and nurturing a high performing team)
- Ability to roll up their sleeves, pivot quickly while managing complex client relationships
- Comfortable presenting complex business issues to leaders and executives in a clear and compelling manner
- Highly motivated, self starter, navigating ambiguity
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to problem solve complex issues with resourcefulness and creativity as required.
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment and can balance setting strategic priorities with high-quality, tactical execution
- Knowledge of relevant employment and workplace legislation
- Promote, educate and support training on our Diversity and Belonging initiatives
- Ensure that the interests of colleagues and the company are considered in accordance with the applicable government laws and regulations.
It would be great if you also had:
- A strong understanding of tech, with the ability to quickly learn new technologies
- A track record of building high performing teams
- Success working closely with with executives
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Learn more about our hiring process