As 2021 ends, the Kelly Administration highlights guarantees created and retained above the last yr inspite of the problems.
“Although we faced unprecedented challenges this year, we never shed target on the problems that matter most to Kansans,” explained Governor Laura Kelly. “From developing around 11,000 new positions, breaking financial file just after financial report, entirely funding our schools for the 3rd year in a row, and reinvesting in our roads and bridges, this year we shipped effects for our family members. We’ll proceed subsequent through on our guarantees in 2022 to hold Kansas the best put in the country to dwell, perform, and elevate a loved ones.”
As of this week, in 2021, the Kelly Administration has shut 318 financial advancement tasks, totaling $3,773,969,766 new business dollars invested in the condition of Kansas – developing around 11,000 new careers. 2021 is formally the most profitable company 12 months in Kansas heritage.
Economy: This year, the Kelly Administration took substantial ways to expand Kansas’ overall economy, achieving file-breaking achievement, including:
- Relocating the Kansas Tourism Division to the Kansas Office of Commerce to spur financial advancement.
- Awarding in excess of $15 million in Neighborhood Progress Block Grants in 2021 for vital infrastructure, setting up rehabilitation in downtowns, and neighborhood facilities and expert services. The CDBG-CV method has ongoing to reply to the wants of compact firms as a result of the pandemic, helping a full 1,313 small firms and retaining 5,332 work from 2020 – 2021.
- Increasing the Kansas Primary Avenue Software by three extra communities to reinvest in modest companies, recruit new family members, and develop our economic climate.
In 2021, the Kelly Administration’s gained:
- Space Advancement Magazine’s Gold Shovel Award for economic excellence.
- Accolades as the 10th greatest point out in the country for funds investment decision tasks per capita by Site Choice Journal.
- And was ranked in the best 20 states for accomplishing small business for the 1st time at any time.
Due to the fact having office environment, Governor Kelly has closed 542 financial development initiatives, totaling $7,597,516,411 new organization pounds invested in the state of Kansas – generating 31,364 new work opportunities.
BIPARTISANSHIP: In the course of the 2021 legislative session, Governor Kelly signed 93 bipartisan bills – additional than the two former periods put together.
Instruction: This year, Governor Kelly kept her assure to absolutely fund Kansas public universities for the 3rd yr in a row, and assured funding by means of FY 2023. Furthermore, this 12 months Governor Kelly:
- Signed E.O. 21-08, creating the Advantage Kansas Coordinating Council to align education and learning with organization requirements to make improvements to Kansas’ workforce.
- Founded the Safer Lecture rooms Workgroup to preserve college students safe and sound and educational facilities open up.
- Dispersed more than $91 million in Kid Care Sustainability Grants to assistance vendors stay operational, benefiting an approximated 136,356 small children.
INFRASTRUCTURE: The Kelly Administration carries on to make unprecedented investments in our state’s roads, bridges, highways, and higher-pace net obtain.
- This year, the Kelly Administration moved $900 million in transportation assignments to construction – far more than triple what was accomplished in 2017, all with no an improve in taxes.
- In 2021, the Kelly Administration has invested transportation dollars in 103 of Kansas’ 105 counties to strengthen security and develop our economy.
- Because developing the Workplace of Broadband Progress in 2020, the Kelly Administration has supported infrastructure deployments connecting in excess of 50,000 new properties and corporations to significant-pace online. In addition, the Kelly Administration has served almost 40,000 pupils and low-profits households get linked as a result of scorching-spots, equipment, and web membership help.
SUPPORTING KANSANS: The Kelly Administration carries on to winner forward-imagining policies that help Kansans and shift our point out forward, including:
- Furnishing $12 million in grants to secure local food items methods and assist Kansas’ agriculture community doing work with KDA to increase mental health assets for Kansas farmers and ranchers.
- Developing the Division of the Child Advocate to build an unbiased accountability structure to guard Kansas kids and households in the youngster welfare program.
- Announcing the completion of the very first statewide housing requirements assessment in just about 30 years to develop inexpensive housing statewide.
- Supplying $50 million to assistance retain and attract extra frontline clinic personnel through COVID-19 and elevating pay back for point out workers in 24/7 amenities.
- Commuting the sentences of five incarcerated individuals and granting pardons to 3 men and women – all of whom confirmed powerful signs of rehabilitation and the ability to safely re-enter modern society.
- Lifting the nearly 7-yr moratorium on voluntary admissions at Osawatomie State Hospital to supply prolonged psychological well being resources to Kansans in have to have.
“Despite this year’s successes, we know there’s a lot more perform to do to increase our economic system and assistance our family members,” mentioned Governor Kelly. “Next year, we will have to Axe the Food items Tax to present tax relief to each and every Kansas spouse and children, proceed to entirely fund our community universities, and pass Medicaid growth to keep our people wholesome and workforce sturdy. My administration will continue on championing procedures that shift Kansas forward.”